mercredi 16 juillet 2008

Public property

I guess it was only a matter of time before it happened.

Yesterday as I was drying the dishes after lunch in our work kitchen, one of my colleagues lunged in and went for a feel of my baby bump. With my two hands full I had no way of stopping her and I was so shocked anyway that I didn’t have time to think of anything to do or say.

I had been warned that once you’re pregnant your body becomes public property. It goes with the inappropriate questions and unwanted advice.

But I still can’t believe that people think it is acceptable to poke and prod expecting mums as if they are a lump of meat – what would they do or say if I went for a stroke of their jelly belly ?
If this becomes a regular occurrence I might have to get one of these, or even more explicit one of those!


3 commentaires:

Lost in London a dit…

Oh la la. I know the feeling and I'm so with you on that one. Difficult to say no without being rude. J'ai souvent eu un petit mouvement de retrait tellement j'étais allergique à ces mains étrangères.

Pascale Clerk a dit…

Personnellement je demande toujours l'autorisation avant de toucher le ventre d'une femme enceinte, même si c'est une copine.
Alors, on voit déjà bien ? Et tu les sens bouger ? ;-)

Pepette a dit…

Fabienne - It's hard to say no but at the same time, I think these people are the ones being rude... You wouldn't go round touching people's stomach normally would you? They'd have you for assault or something! :)

Pascale - Moi aussi je demande toujours ou j'attends qu'on me propose. Visiblement tout le monde n'est pas comme nous!
Sinon, oui ça commence à se voir pas mal - je mettrais des photos ici un de ces jours, sinon j'en ai mis sur Facebook si tu veux apprécier par toi même l'ampleur des "dégats" ! Je commence à les sentir bouger tout doucement, et Le Petit Chimiste a bien hate qu'on les sente du dehors! Prochaine écho le 5 aout, l'attente est longue ...